Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dentist Visit

I just got back from the dentist. It wasn't so bad. My appointment was at 2:00 and I was out of there at 2:30. He is a very gentle dentist. He is a Christian, which is nice. The office staff was also very nice. I guess if you have to go to the dentist, you might as well find a good one. I am praying to not have too much pain, since I have a nice evening planned with Rob and the boys.

Rob is preaching at a church in Lynn this weekend. I think it is a non-denominational church. I really couldn't tell you exactly. The pastor is taking a much needed weekend away, and the congregation has requested that Rob come and share his testimony. We live in a small community. Rob works at a funeral home, so he meets lots of ministers other than the ones here in UC. He has a good relationship with this pastor, and then one of the members of the congregation works part time at the funeral home. And get this, this man that works with Rob, his daughter is a teachers aide in Austin's class. Isn't that funny. Today, when I was taking the treats to Austin's class, Lyndsey (the aide) asked if I was coming with Rob on Sunday. I am excited about the avenues that God has opened for us to share our testimony. Just the other day I was in the christian bookstore in town, and shared with the owner and the UPS man some of our testimony. It was great. Her question was "who showed you this", the best part was being able to say "GOD" That is the honest answer. No one could have showed us this, we wouldn't not have seen it except that God opened our eyes and understanding. He is so wonderful. I love being able to share the testimony with others, sometimes I have to make myself stop. The neat thing about the UPS man is that he was raised in a similar background, and the church that his family attends had gone through the same thing. They were bigger, and they just left the organization they were a part of. He shared how he has just started going back to church, because God just won't leave him alone. WOW, it was great to talk with him. Keep us in your prayers please, that we would do the work God has called us to do. I know that he didn't show us this just for ourselves, but so that we could set others free.

Enough for now, see I can ramble on and on.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing this! I will definitely be praying for you. It is so important to do what you are called to do and share what you are convicted to share. Thank you for being an unashamed light for what you believe!

Free In Christ said...

Thanks for the prayers.