Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The doctor results

I took the Zach to the doctor today. He told me that the bump/growth was a ______, I can't remember what he called it. He said it was a benign growth, and it would always be there. He said that at sometime Zach must have bit his tongue, and it made a bump, and it would just never completely go away. He said he was going to just leave it, unless it becomes totally bothersome to him. He also said, he could remove it, however, he would not recommend it because it would just be a local anesthesia, and he'd be awake, and it might be a little too traumatic for him to endure at this young age. Now, if he ever has to go under a general anesthesia for any reason, he'd said it could be taken care of then.

Okay, now I'll be completely honest and tell you that I'm not completely settled with this matter. I am going to take him to the dentist (sounds silly---but ours is a pediatric dentist and is absolutely awesome) and ask his opinion. I am going to watch it very carefully, and do some research. That is of course after I call the doctors office and get the name he gave the thing.

That is it for now on the tongue issue.

Zach is such a silly kid. He told his doctor (the pediatrician) that he has been telling his friends that it is a worm growing from his tongue. Then he went on to say, maybe I'm turning into a alien, and I'll have to dress up as myself to go to school. Crazy kid.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww...hope you get to the bottom of it...where you can have peace about it.