Sunday, October 01, 2006

God is good

Today we officially were able to go back to MBC as a family. Rob has been interim Pastor for the past few months. Last Sunday was his last week there. It was a bitter sweet day. We had developed a relationship with the people in such a short time, but it was definatley time to go. I hope you will help us pray that they will find a pastor soon.

This month at MBC we are having a Celebration of the Reformation. Each Sunday morning in worship Pastor Charlie will be teaching on the acronym: T-U-L-I-P. He said this morning about God's smiling providence with there being 5 Sundays in October this year, just enough to cover one letter each week. At the end on Oct. 31, there will be a Reformation Celebration at the church. I look forward to that. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I'm sure it will be fun. It is a fun night, and educational at the same time. I'll post details after it is over.

We are studying the book of Galatians in our Sunday School class. What a great book. Actually, could you name one that is not a great book. DUH!!!

I love to see God's work in the lives of the people around me. It is so exciting. I love it that God has blessed me, and has chosen me to be a part of his great plan. I am so unworthy, but he called me out and chose me to be his, and a grafted branch into the family. WOW!!! It is so humbling, to think, NOTHING--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I did or could do makes me worthy of salvation, but he CHOSE ME!!!! God is so wonderful. I'm thankful that he has opened my understanding to the true meaning of salvation by GRACE ALONE, THROUGH FAITH ALONE, IN CHRIST ALONE!! To think just a short time ago, I was trying to live such a holy life to earn my ticket to heaven. UGH!!!!! God is sovereign and I am not. Thank God for his grace.

I could go on and on, I must go to bed. I have to get up early to be at work. I just had to share me excitement of what God is doing in our lives.

No comments: