Thursday, May 24, 2007

On Sunday we were able to see a baptism at our new church. It was so touching. They also had a part of the service to induct (I'm not sure that is the right word) new members. It was so touching. I cried, and I didn't even know the people. They had 4 baptisms from the same family. 2 were believers, and 2 of them were children, being baptized as a sign that they are a part of a covenant family. I was so touched by the words that were spoken. I realize so much that baptism itself does not save you, only your faith in Christ, the work he completed and his rightousness saves you. I am anticipating the day that Rob and I along with our children will become members of this church, and that we will be baptized as true believers, in Christ and his rightousness. It was just such a wonderful thing to see. I know I don't express myeslf well with words sometimes.

1 comment:

Grafted Branch said...

I think you expressed that beautifully!