Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Easy Enchiladas



This is a quick and easy enchilada recipe. It is a requested dish in this house, and I'v shared this recipe with some co-workers and they love it. So, I guess it is worth sharing some more. I love, quick simple yet yummy meals.
1 Package of frozen Chimichangas or burritos
1 package of enchilada seasoning mix
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
3 C water
**You could just use can enchilada sauce
I buy the frozen chimis, and put them in the fridge in order to thaw ahead of time. This just shorten the baking time.
Make the enchilada sauce according to the recipe on the package. **I only use 1/2 package, because Austin and I can't handle it too spicy.
Spray a 13x9 cake pan with non stick spray, place enough sauce in the bottom of the pan to just cover it. Lay the chimis/burritos in the pan, pour the remaining sauce over them. Bake @ *350 about 20-25 minutes (if thawed), take out of the oven, sprinkle with cheese, and continue to bake for aboaut 10 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before you eat.
Dig in. We top ours with sour cream and sometimes pico. YUMMY! It is quick and easy.
Tomorrow I will share another great recipe that I just created--well sort of. I made it this weekend, and it was delicous, so I made another batch tonight for tomorrows supper.

No comments: